Do you want MORE Opportunity, MORE Flexibility, MORE Benefits, and most importantly MORE Fun? If you can answer yes to any of those questions than you might BE A MAVERICK!
At Maverick we love the casino business, we love serving guests, and we love having fun together. We are looking for people, great people, that are ready to treat guests and each other with respect and make each day at work fun.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood's.
- Dips food Items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weights and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stoves, and refrigerators
- Storing food in designated areas.
- Has the ability to work all stations of the prep area efficiently.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, sauté, butchery, poaching, and steam, meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Carves meats, fish, vegetables, and or other portion foods and place in the appropriate manner on the plates for service as designated by the Executive Chef and his Staff.
- Adds proper seasoning and garnish to the foods during mixing and preparation.
- Maintains a proper clean station and follows the CLEAN AS WE GO policy.
- Ensure the quality appearance and taste of all foods before they are presented to the guest.
- Communicates with the Sous Chefs on the product that may be going bad and or has a low stock level.
- Performs other job duties as they arise by either the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef, Lead Cook, or Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, and remove garbage. And maintains cleanliness of these areas.
- Put away food orders as they come in, organize coolers, rotate product, and label all items used in the kitchens. The above must comply with the policies set forth by management.
- With the use of the Interaction Principles, Team Members develop and maintain a positive relationship with both Guests and other Team Members.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required, as well if not limited to staying longer that schedule to finish daily stock work.
- All Team Members follow security a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures set forth by management.
- All Team Members follow security policies and procedures and property report all violations according to the proper chain of command. As well as perform all duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Effectively interact with the front of the house staff and management in a polite way
To be successful in this role, you should have previous culinary experience and knowledge that includes:
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous prep or line cook experience (6 months).
- Performs job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, uses time efficiently.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
$1,000 Sign on BONUS! $500 paid 90 days after date of hire; $500 paid 180 days after date of hire Team member must be in good standing to qualify for Bonus Pay out (no documented performance in their employee file)
Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Free shift meal and drink
- Free Gas (Eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Free bus passes
- Free covered Parking
- 2 weeks PTO per year
- 6 Observed Holidays with Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits Insurance Package: Eligible the first of the month following 60 days! Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K & more!
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Team Member Referral program ($600 per team member referred!)
Maverick Gaming is dedicated to creating the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player and currently owns and operates a portfolio of 27 properties across Nevada, Washington and Colorado with a total of 1800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1020 hotel rooms and 30 restaurants.