DELTA HOTELS BY MARRIOTT SEATTLE EVERETT
ONSITE SALES & CATERING MANAGER
The Delta Hotel by Marriott Seattle Everett is seeking an onsite Sales & Catering Manager.
Do you love the feeling of making a sale and seeing it through? Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment uncovering new business, maintaining existing business, responding to RFP's, and detailing? Are you well organized and comfortable selling and detailing groups and events? Do you have experience in hotel systems like Opera or CI/TY or similar?
If you answered yes to those questions and if you are committed to excellence in hospitality, then we want you to join our team!
The Onsite Sales & Catering Manager builds and maintains strong, relevant, relationships with deployed existing and target business, and is responsible for the coordination and planning for a successful experience, directly with clients, once booked, and detailing group and event space needs for existing Bookings made by others. This role is responsible for executing sales strategies and tactics to actively and personally solicit and procure new and existing business as deployed.
At Hollander Hospitality, we align our people with their passion, providing award-winning service and memorable experiences. From the ground up, we build & renovate, own & operate, while recognizing that our team is our foundation and greatest asset. We are exceptional partners to one another, our guests, and our communities.
We look for people who excel in their roles and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment, and support for our team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and raw talent.
- Primarily weekdays; occasional travel, evenings, weekends.
RATE OF PAY:
- $55 - $65k base salary annually
- Eligibility for company bonus program
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Paycheck Advancement Program
- Supplemental Insurance
- Hotel Travel Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
For eligible employees:
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Meals
- Employee Parking
- Experience & Education
- Minimum of one year of hospitality sales experience.
- Driver's License & Insurance
- Must have a valid state driver's license at the time of hire.
- Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage as required by Hollander Hospitality.
- Modern principles of event space and group rooms sales.
- Effective sales & negotiation acumen.
- Modern hospitality-sales strategies including conducting evaluating & meeting customer needs, effective site tours, generating leads independently, saturating accounts, intermediaries and brand partners, maximizing systems & resources to drive results, and implementing effective objection-handling solutions.
- Business evaluation techniques including net-profit calculations arithmetic during negotiations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word, with basic skills in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software - CI/TY, preferred.
- Hotel property management system (PMS) software - Opera, preferred.
- Hotel RFP software -CVENT, preferred.
- Skills & Abilities
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Prioritize efforts to support the directives and goals established by supervisor(s), hotels represented and Hollander Hospitality.
- Effectively organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Make decisions and problem-solve, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Resolve customer complaints or problems.
- Control expenses and expenditures, following established approval processes.
- Consistently meet individual goals and contribute adequately towards team goals.
- Consistently support the culture expectations of Hollander Hospitality and the hotel(s) represented.
- Represent Hollander Hospitality with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including development and delivery of persuasive sales presentations.
- Maintain open communication with all co-workers to support a positive work environment and the best possible customer experience.
- Anticipate the needs of others.
- Create and contribute to a sense of fun and belonging for others.
- Exhibit excellent time management and prioritization.
- Deliver outstanding, personalized guest experiences.
- Meet attendance requirements and deadlines with dependability and consistency.
This position requires a varied work schedule that may include evenings, nights and weekends. Occasional travel in the local area may be required. Work is performed in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and in various client-determined settings. Incumbent must be able to effectively utilize computers and related software, photocopier, multiple-line telephone system, fax, cell phones and apps, scanners and printers.
Light Work: The ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. This work requires the ability to sit for long periods of time; move around the hotel to give site tours. Must be able to lift and carry general office supplies and equipment. Position requires hand-manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in person with background noise. Must have visual acuity to analyze written information and view computer terminal and ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity, E-Verify Employer