This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of employee and wellness benefits.
A highly sought out Non-profit organization working with Blood centers with offices located throughout the United States
- Responds to benefit inquiries in a timely manner and ensures accuracy and professionalism. Communicates benefits offerings to employees by communicating plan changes/offerings and maintaining and creating benefits materials.
- Counsels and educates newly hired and existing employees on benefit and retirement plan options.
- Maintains contracts, summary plan descriptions and communicates changes to participants as required and complies with all regulations and requirements.
- Administers regulatory compliance for COBRA, ACA filing, ERISA, Section 125 Plans, FMLA, Medicare and Medicaid audits and others as needed.
- Liaisons with third party benefits administrators, carriers, and regional counterparts.
- Assists in implementation of approved, new, modified, and existing plans and employee benefit plans and policies
- Maintains, edits, corrects, and enters all benefit and retirement plan related transactions into HCM and other systems and performs audits to ensure data integrity.
- Administers a variety of health and wellness benefit plans and ancillary benefits programs such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs and others as needed.
- Administers retirement plans (403 (b) / 457(b) / 457(f , FSA, HSA, Commuter Benefits.
- Reconciles monthly payments to carriers and unions.
- Facilitates New Hire Benefits Orientation.
- Assists with planning and coordination of benefit events such as annual Health & Wellness Fair, health and retirement plan on-site meetings, workshops, Open Enrollment, Flu Shots, Employee Recognition programs, and others as needed.
- Assists with 5500 filing, nondiscrimination testing.
- Participates in area and industry surveys.
- Updates the Intranet site with latest plan documents and other plan materials as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or health administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience in employee benefits administration.
- Knowledge of health and welfare plans, COBRA, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, ERISA, section 125 plans.
- Knowledge of union and non-union environments. Able to interpret contracts as they relate to benefits.
- Working knowledge of HCM systems, Benefits Administration preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized systems.
Strong attention to detail in all work processes.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
High level of interpersonal skills to handle a variety of complex issues and situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of staff up to and including executive leadership.
Ability to communicate clearly and with authority, both in writing and verbally, to others in one-on-one or small group settings.
Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and customers in a helpful, courteous, and friendly manner while demonstrating sensitivity to and respect for diverse populations.
Ability to work in a strong team environment.
Ability to plan and organize job tasks or resources in an efficient manner.
Ability to be responsive and available to management to address issues and concerns as they arise.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems within established policies and procedures.
Ability to identify complex problems in a timely manner, decipher information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Ability to maintain confidentiality in work processes and handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
Any combination of education, training and experience that has supplied the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical and dental benefits from day 1
- True temp to perm opportunity with a 3 month probation period
- Excellent Hybrid work schedule 2 days in office
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Great benefits and PTO once converted perm
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.