$25.00 - $26.00 per hour Great Benefits!
Era Living is seeking an Area Cook to become the newest member of our Culinary team based out of our Home Office in downtown Seattle, WA.
Competitive Compensation and a Complete Benefits Package including:
- Company Sponsored Health Plan
- 401k with Generous Employer Match
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Employee Discount Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership & Longevity Bonuses
- The advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements!
Eligibility contingent on meeting requirements of each benefit (hours worked, age, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Area Cook provides support to the community food service teams by ensuring adequate coverage for long or short-term Cook vacancies in all eight Era Living communities.
- Prepare and serve food and meals in accordance with planned menus, recipes and established portion control procedures, and established cleanliness standards.
- Under the direction of the Director of Culinary and Dining Operations and/or, the community Culinary Services Director, performs various food preparation tasks including preparing entrees, starches, vegetables, soups, salads, desserts, rolls, etc.
- Sets up the line for dinner and ensures that all of the items needed to run a smooth and efficient line are in place by the established starting time
- Assists in overseeing Kitchen staff in the completion of their duties in the absence of the Sous Chef
- Follows all established safety standards, reports any safety concerns to the Director of Culinary and Dining Operations and/or the community Executive Director and Culinary Services Director or any safety committee member immediately
- Cleans work area and equipment following the established cleaning procedures and sanitation standards
- Attends and participates in the pre-meal and post-meal responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to travel to multiple Era Living Communities to perform duties as needed
- Able to work variable hours and days
- Possess culinary knowledge and ability to perform food service functions in a health care institution
- Ability to expedite food orders with accordance to established time limits and to established quality standards
- Ability to evaluate low supplies and notify the Director of Culinary and Dining Operations and/or, the community Culinary Services Director of inventory needs
- Proven ability to follow recipe preparation instructions and specific culinary procedures
- Ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures
- Ability to understand proper food storage procedures
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to pass DSHS and State background check, required
Education and Experience:
- 1-year experience working as a Cook for Era Living or similar experience, required
- First Aid and CPR certified or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Food Handler's Certificate or able to obtain within 14 days of hire