ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested accommodation.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a strong professional relationship with clients as well as management teams.
- Respond to calls and other sales leads within a 24-hour period.
- Track all calls on call log.
- Advise and make sales recommendation to clients. Creatively suggest all sales opportunities offered by Schwartz Brothers Restaurants (SBR) to accommodate the client.
- Arrange for any requested outside amenities, i.e. rentals, floral, AV, etc.
- Act as a liaison between clients, restaurant management teams and PDR operations.
- Negotiates and prepares event contracts and event orders with clients ensuring accuracy using TripleSeat Event Management System.
- Attend weekly Showtime. Communicate upcoming events and details with restaurant management teams.
- Contracts are finalized and posted within 7 business days prior to event. Guest count confirmed within 3 business days of the event. Same day events must have GM / Chef approval.
- Collects deposit on scheduled events.
- Maintains accurate forecast and performance records, sales records, customer records and event files.
- Maintains accurate service charge disclosures and ensures accuracy and inclusion on all contracts, menus, and itemized receipts.
- Time management includes warm and cold calls to potential clients.
- Assist in developing a sales plan to market Private Dining Rooms including specific tasks with timelines. Identify and acquire new accounts.
- Learn and exhibit full knowledge of all Schwartz Brothers Restaurants businesses, service standards and mission statement.
- Miscellaneous PDR tasks and projects assigned by SBR Management.
- Performs other duties, although not detailed, as requested.
- Upholds mission and philosophy of company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, PowerPoint required.
- Experience using TripleSeat Event Management System preferred.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Reliable transportation required to travel between restaurants. Ability to travel up to 90% is required.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with other team members.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in private dining, banquet, and/or catering sales; restaurant industry preferred.
- Bachelors degree in related field, i.e. marketing or business preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate the restaurant facilities.
- Required the ability to bend, twist, reach, stand and walk for extended periods of time to perform normal job functions.
- Requires the ability to lift and transport up to 40 pounds on occasion and up to 15 pounds regularly.
- Flexible work schedule-must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.