LJC is a growing architecture, design and planning firm committed to creating and delivering design solutions that improve and enhance the human experience of the built environment. Youthful in outlook, seasoned in experience, LJC offers a diverse portfolio of expertise across a range of project scales and typologies, including commercial, mixed use and residential. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.
Lamar Johnson Collaborative (LJC) is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join our team and assume a leadership role as a subject matter expert (SME) in Industrial Food & Beverage/Cold Storage facilities.
The ideal candidate will augment and assist the Industrial leadership team, helping it grow and expand its presence, while seeking, finding and securing the future for LJC through project commissions and talent recruiting. The Senior Project Manager will be counted on to collaborate closely with Industrial colleagues in St. Louis, and mentor and nurture the professional development of staff, as well as work across LJC disciplines and parent company Clayco's integrated construction and real estate arms to help our entire enterprise thrive.
- Serves as the point person for integrated Industrial pursuits with Clayco, providing leadership for sales meetings, client visits, RFP pursuits, team management and project oversight
- Collaborates with fellow leaders in the Clayco Industrial leadership team to identify, pursue and secure new project opportunities for the enterprise
- Prepares project proposals and fee analysis for review with LJC's senior leadership team
- Coordinates studio and project staffing and operations with fellow LJC Industrial design leaders
- Manages team, client, and consultant interface on projects; develops project schedules and manages performance to established milestones; responsible for billings, collections, and profitability associated with projects under his/her management
- May manage multiple projects simultaneously and may oversee project managers
- Capable of winning work and leading business development pursuits conversation
- Responsible for developing thought leadership and subject matter expertise on Industrial subjects
- Leads discussions in the local, regional and national design community in white papers and speaking engagements
- Recruits and interviews potential applicants to ensure practice growth
- Represents LJC in the community and civic events
- Practices LJC's core values of integrity, humility and fearlessness
- Advises and guides LJC's Core Councils (Culture, Integration, Practice, Process and Sustainability)
- Promotes and fosters a culture of one-team collaboration between and across offices
- Travel, as required, to secure project opportunities and support client engagement on projects
A Senior Project Manager at LJC possess:
- A bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or a related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in architecture and design, including demonstrated experience managing multiple and complex projects
- Specific experience in the design, construction, and/or operation of food processing plants and cold storage
- Must be a licensed architect or engineer
- Demonstrated competence with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD/Revit, GIS and 3D modeling tools, MS Office
- Exemplary written and spoken communication
- Comfort and poise presenting to external and internal audiences
- Excellent interpersonal relationship-building and colleague-coaching skills
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 401K and profit-sharing plans
- A full complement of employee benefits, including health, dental and vision plans; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability coverage; and employee assistance programming
LJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Lamar Johnson Collaborative, LLC.