Please note, this position is located at Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
The Grooming Supervisor position will require a thorough knowledge of the ski trails and grooming patterns at Steamboat Ski & Resort. Must have 3 years of grooming experience with SSRC and have a valid driver's license.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Operating grooming equipment
• Shift preparation
• Oversee all grooming activities and staff
• Inspection of Equipment
• Clean Equipment
• Fuel Equipment
• Repair Orders/Computer entry
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Must have thorough knowledge of the ski trails at Steamboat Ski Area required
• Must have through knowledge grooming patterns at Steamboat Ski Area
• Must have at least 3 years grooming experience with Steamboat Ski and Resort Corporation
• Can train others
• Recover down equipment
• Direct workload in a fair and consistent manner
• Knowledge of Best Management Practices
• Problem solve in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers
• Be a consistent role model for company's Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• Must have excellent hand and eye coordination and have good night vision
• Lift approximately 50 lbs.
• Walk on uneven slick conditions in extreme weather conditions
• Must have a valid driver's license and meet insurability standards
• Awareness of surroundings, assess the conditions in the physical proximity of the machine, and understanding the implications therein
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
• All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $23.00 - $30.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer