Please note, this position is located at Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Seasonal Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Do you have previous Food & Beverage management experience? Does the thought of working at the top of a world-class ski mountain with Rocky Mountain views excite you? We are looking for a few exceptional service-minded people to join our team as a Restaurant Manager. Successful candidates will have at least two (2) years of supervisory and operations experience in a casual dining atmosphere, must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level. See below for a list of our venues.
FOUR POINTS, SNOWCAT DINNER MANAGER:Four Points Lodge, a unique mountain retreat nestled 9,736 feet above sea level. This position oversees our picturesque, nighttime snowcat dining experience. Successful candidates will have a formal college education in hospitality or at least two (2) years of fine dining operations and management experience with a thorough understanding of wine and beverage service. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and intermediate skier ability is required.
HAZIE'S RESTAURANT MANAGER: Located at the top of the gondola, Thunderhead Lodge offers exquisite views of the Yampa Valley and is home to Hazie's, our flagship fine dining restaurant. Successful candidates will have a formal college education in hospitality or at least two (2) years of fine dining operations and management experience with a thorough understanding of wine and beverage service. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and intermediate skier ability is required.
RAGNAR'S RESTAURANT MANAGER: Located mid-mountain, the Rendezvous Saddle Lodge is a unique mountain retreat and home to Ragnar's fine dining restaurant. This position oversees our picturesque, nighttime snowcat-drawn sleigh ride and dining experience. Successful candidates will have a formal college education in hospitality or at least two (2) years of fine dining operations and management experience with a thorough understanding of wine and beverage service. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and intermediate skier ability is required.
STOKER BAR & RESTAURANT MANAGER: Located at the top of the gondola, Thunderhead Lodge is home to Stoker Bar & Restaurant. Stoker offers lunch service in a fun, casual environment with exquisite views of the Yampa Valley. Successful candidates will have at least two (2) years of dining room/high-volume restaurant operations and management experience. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and intermediate skier ability is required.
TIMBER & TORCH MANAGER: Located at the base of the mountain, Timber & Torch is a fast-paced yet inviting, mountain-inspired restaurant offering year-round dining, entertainment, and views of all the excitement. Successful candidates will have at least four (4) years of high-volume restaurant operations and management experience including wine and beverage service. Skilled training in a food and beverage environment is required along with strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
WESTERN BBQ MANAGER: Western BBQ, a unique western experience for our guests and their families located in the Thunderhead Building at the top of the gondola. Western BBQ includes a buffet, a live band, line dancing and interaction for the kids. This position also executes our on-mountain special events and operates a variety of service types, from concerts to corporate dinners to après ski groups to weddings. Successful candidates will have at least two (2) years of large dining room/high-volume restaurant operations and management experience including wine and beverage service. Administrative duties require proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Oversee all phases of outlet operations; understand and ensure compliance with all company policies & procedures and regulatory requirements
- Oversee all HR issues for FOH staff
- Oversee all staffing/scheduling requirements for outlet
- Create weekly labor/revenue forecasts
- Manage all staff payroll procedures
- Maintain all beverage levels and manage ordering
- Implement training program of service standards for all FOH servers
- Implement training program for all beverage servers
- Perform inventory of all alcohol products
- Closely monitor guests dining experience
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor
- Develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenues and average checks
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness standards
- Develop daily shift meetings and strategies
- Closely monitor opening and closing procedures
- Hire, train and motivate front of house service team
- Inspect buffet for full attractive product and quality
- Make table visits to solicit guest feedback & recognize patronage
- Know and enforce policies and procedures
- Reconcile daily sales, compile reports, receipts and cash deposit
- Monitor and document job performance of service staff
- Participate in weekly manager meetings
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of casual service dining room supervision experience required
- Must have Microsoft Office proficiency to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have good administrative and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of restaurant operations and management techniques
- Computer literacy including POS system competency and Time Keeping competency, preferred
- Financial responsibility, including able to read and understand budgets and P&L statements, preferred
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Problem solving in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers
- Be a consistent role model for company's Service Excellence standards
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- Works in all areas of building, office, indoors with long periods of standing, walking, occasional lifting
- Must be lift 35 lbs and push and pull heavy items on a cart
- This position may include working around heat and cold in the kitchen
- Must communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet insurability standards
- This is a salary, exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay
- Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
- Resume required with online application
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system..... click apply for full job details