II. Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Supervise the banquet functions for the club when the banquet manager is not available or assist the banquet manager during the function. Ensure that member satisfaction standards are consistently attained.
III. Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
- Coordinates food service between kitchen and banquet service staff.
- Inspects all linens daily for proper appearance.
- Enforces established club rules, regulations and policies.
- Reviews table diagrams, guest tables and other function room set-up needs for special functions.
- Conducts daily line-up (when the banquet manager is not available) to ensure smooth, efficient service; assigns server stations and coordinates the timing of courses.
- Ensures that all banquet staff are well-groomed and in proper uniform.
- Assists with inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies to meet required needs.
- Assists with training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating of banquet service staff.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all banquet areas.
- Completes an after-event "Banquet Service Catering Report" to improve quality and efficiency of banquet functions.
- Ensures that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to each event and forwarded to the accounting department.
- Attends Food & Beverage department meetings.
- Manages the inventory of banquet service ware.
- Interacts with banquet host or hostess to assure all needs are being met.
- May serve "VIP" guests.
- Assures that state and local laws and the club's policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the banquet manager.
IV. Reports to
A minimum of 3 years experience in banquet services is required.