Deli Clerk Position Summary: Provides customer service to Cal Mart customers, assembles and distributes sandwiches, answers phones for Deli orders, etc.
Deli Clerk Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Take telephone orders for party trays, sandwiches, and special orders.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
- Deli Supervisor
- Prepared Foods Manager
Subordinate Staff (providing direct supervision):
Deli Clerk Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some companies may have a minimum age requirement of 18.
- Deli counter or food preparation experience may be required.
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 5 to 30 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to speak, read and fluent in English to ensure fluent communication with customers, coworkers, and supervisors who only speak English.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.
- Store Climate can range, averaging 70-78 degrees, freezer and walk-ins low as 20 degrees.
- Moderate level noise.
- Regularly stand, bend, twist, kneel, and crouch; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand and move for up to 8 hours per day
Wage: $16-$18 DOE
Fully covered employer benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, GT Life).Select Plans*
LIFTING: Average Weight: 5 lbs up to 30 lbs. Frequency: Daily