The Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea is a modern Madison Square Garden hotel. Perfectly located in the city's Flower and very chic Chelsea district, the hotel is in the heart of it all. An easy commute for associates convenient to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and all subway lines. Join the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea and enjoy a great work-life balance, associate events with prizes and incentives awarded for outstanding performance and a team that celebrates the success of their achievements.
We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Maintain the hotel rooms and building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
- Strip beds and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.