The Disney J1 Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program is a five to twelve-month experience located at Walt Disney World Resort, near Orlando, Florida. Participants of this program have the opportunity to gain real world work experience with a world renowned entertainment company, learn skills from Disney leaders, meet people from around the world and take part in a life-changing experience. Participants work in front line, guest-facing roles throughout our Parks & Resorts.
Apply here for January 2023 arrival.
In-country interviews will be held in October 2022 in both Australia and New Zealand. Invitations to schedule interviews will begin to be sent at the end of August.
Basic Qualifications :
To be eligible to apply for the Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program, you MUST
- Attend a live presentation and interview in Australia or New Zealand - details will be shared at a later date.
- Likely interview cities are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth in Australia and Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Christchurch, and Dunedin in New Zealand.
- Speak English fluently.
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
- Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.
- Be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- Have completed year 12 and are now a current full-time student at an accredited post-secondary University, TAFE or Polytechnic institution acquiring a Bachelors Degree, Diploma or a Certificate. Current program of study must be at least 1-year in length (candidates enrolled in accelerated 6-month programs are not eligible unless enrolled in consecutive 6-month programs that total at least 1 year and are within the same field/similar field of study).
- Have completed at least their first year of consecutive full time study.
- Be studying your post-secondary courses in a classroom. If you are taking classes full-time online or the majority of your courses online, you are not eligible.
- Not defer the semester prior to your arrival. If a break in study occurs, candidates must have completed at least one full year of full-time study primarily in a classroom after the break while still meeting all of the above qualifications.
- Have earned a Bachelor's Degree or higher and start work at the Walt Disney World Resort within 12 months of your graduation date. Unfortunately, graduates of Advanced Diploma, Diploma, or Certificate programs are not eligible.
Candidates are required to attend a presentation and in-person interview in Australia or New Zealand.
You are required to upload your Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application.
Additional Information :
Pay rate: Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $14.00 per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
We strongly encourage candidates to explore prior to submitting an application.
Only accepting applications for January 2023 arrival