The primary role of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) Specialist is to manage the BIM process for a varying scale project portfolio in a multi-discipline Architectural and Engineering (A/E) design management and sustainment environment. You will seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other team members, with other departments within Disney with Disney IT support, and with outside vendors. You will provide technical support to team members from multiple disciplines to allow them to use the technology required for their work and to allow them to perform their roles.
You will report to the Manager Programs in Facility Asset Management - Project Design Support.
- General Support for BIM and Computer-Aided Design(CAD) implementation for Firm Project Portfolio and Sustainment Tasks.
- Work with Consultants and Sub consultants to assure that they have implemented the most current BIM/CAD standards.
- Maintain software template files to assure standards.
- Coordination of access rights to server and cloud-based data sources, auditing access on a quarterly basis.
- Support the digital document archive and retrieval for projects.
- Assist project team in BIM/CAD project setup using Company project templates, workspaces, libraries, sheet sets, line weights, hyperlinking, and plots.
- Enforce company drafting and modeling standards and procedures.
- Provide production BIM/CAD support to Architects and Engineers to meet project and sustainment needs including creation of content in response to project/department need.
- Collaborate with partners across the company on BIM standards implementation and enforcement.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new BIM related software and technologies to support efficiency in production following Company security and legal standards.
- Audit CAD/Revit files for project closeout.
Basic Qualifications :
- Experience using Revit on multiple project scales and familiarity with implementing BIM standards within a Revit-based workflow
- Experience or familiarity with implementing CAD standards in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Knowledge of Rhino, Maya, SketchUp or other 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of Navisworks and clash detection tools
- Experience in lifecycle management of BIM models
- Experience with BIM 360/Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Studio Sessions for collaboration
- Experience importing and exporting metadata from models into lifecycle management tools
Preferred Qualifications :
- Autodesk Revit certification
- Autodesk Civil 3D certification
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture Technology or similar technical degree
Additional Information :
This job is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at