$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
The laundry attendant performs services including, but is not limited to maintaining work areas and equipment in sanitary and safe working condition as well as perform tasks in an efficient, safe, sanitary, and secure manner. Laundry attendants must provide a supply of clean, disinfected linens at all times as well as resident clothing. Collect, sort, wash, dry, fold, hang, label, and store linens and clothing in designated areas on a daily basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load articles into washer or dryer.
- Start washers, dryers, and program machine.
- Remove items from washer or dryer.
- Sort articles removed from dryers and fold or hang them per procedure.
- Clean machine filters and keep laundry area clean.
- Examine and sort into barrels to be cleaned, according to color fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
- Receive and mark articles for laundry with names, using hand or machine markers.
- Apply stain remover to spots to remove stains from fabrics.
- Place clean items in mending cart to be sent for mending.
- Comply with safety procedures when handling chemicals, biohazards, and soiled laundry.
- Notify the supervisor when supplies are running low.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Serve as an advocate for all services and properties associated with The Lutheran Home.
- Assists coworkers as needed to assure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable, punctual, and demonstrates a cooperative manner towards resident/family and all members of the healthcare team.
- Inspect areas for needed repairs or maintenance and report findings per policy.
- Deliver and store clean linens and residents' personal items.
- Ensures a team culture that promotes a safe, fair, and cooperative environment.
- Complete any and all other duties as deemed necessary by the needs of the business.
The Lutheran Home is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please verify that you have included in your application all relevant information and experience for the position you are pursuing. We use this information in our effort to offer competitive and equitable compensation.
Powered by JazzHR