The Chief Wellness Officer provides day to day leadership for delivering the branded guest experience, driving
people engagement and development, building awareness of the hotel and brand in addition to delivering
commercial results. He/she embraces and brings the brand promise to life through role modeling a balanced and
healthy lifestyle and inspires the team to do the same. The Chief Wellness Officer focuses on making wellness an
easy and natural part of traveling. He/she serves as the hotel's primary brand ambassador to guests and local
community in addition to being the primary liaison to the hotel's owner & IHG representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel.
• Meets or exceeds targets/metrics such as Gross Operating Profit (GOP) and flow through, Revenue Growth
Index (RGI) and Revenue Per Available Room (RevPar).
• Analyses staff productivity and implements adjustments to staffing, performance targets and resources in
order to maximize results.
• Works closely with Revenue Management and Sales & Marketing to analyze data and performance to
identify key revenue drivers, anticipate opportunities/threats in the market and to effect timely changes to
• Understands the competitive set and leverages on EVEN Hotels' unique selling points for a distinctive
• Drives the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets in addition to sales and marketing plans
for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation.
• Develops and implements mid-term and long-term plans based on insights pertaining to the competitor set
and the business environment.
• Generates and executes the Capital Expenditure Plans (CAPEX) for capital improvements to enhance the
assets of the company and brand loyalty.
• Engages owner and Operations leadership to ensure best decisions are made on development and
implementation of CAPEX strategy.
• Attracts and hires people with the right attributes to bring the EVEN Hotels brand to life.
• Inspires the team by living the brand, embracing holistic wellness, and encouraging them to do the same.
• Embraces the "T" through leveraging the skills of the team and business partners; and continues to grow the team
and talent pipeline for succession planning.
• Develops and oversees delivery of programs and events that drive improvements in team member engagement and
are aligned with the hotel's brand service behaviors.
• Actively promotes employee participation in the Employee Satisfaction Pulse Survey (ESPS) and achieve
established ESPS targets.
• Drives high team performance by establishing clear performance goals and expectations, and being actively
involved in direct reports' performance and development through direct feedback, coaching and training.
• Chairs weekly Wellness Committee to involve staff in identifying opportunities and solutions to improve the
hotel's wellness offerings, guest service experience and team member engagement.
• Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench strength.
• Ensures the team is properly trained and provided the tools and equipment needed.
• Leads regular communication meetings to ensure the team is fully aware of the progress towards goals,
and the latest in product, process and policies in addition to compliance requirements.
• Meets regularly with owner and IHG team to review hotel performance, inform/influence regarding brand and IHG
plans and collaborate on initiatives that drive brand performance and return investment to the owner.
• Be the Brand Manager and role models the EVEN Hotels brand behaviors.
• Supports and embraces our guests in their wellness journey through your knowledge, insights and sharing
own wellness story.
• Listens to the wellness needs of our guests and creates an environment that allows our guests to stay,
work, relax, exercise and eat on their own terms.
• Achieves and maintains Heartbeat metrics.
• Ensures guest complaints are resolved appropriately and that appropriate service recovery/problem
resolution process is in place.
• Adheres to brand standards and ensures that product quality standards are met.
• Demonstrates Brandhearted leadership by putting the brand at the center of all business decisions.
• Interacts daily with guests to solicit feedback, builds relationships and brings the brand to life.
• Hosts and participates in hotel wellness and scheduled fitness programs regularly.
• Ensures a safe and secure environment by manages risk exposure to guests, colleagues, assets, etc.
through developing a team that is fully trained on risk procedures/policies and fully compliant.
• Achieves satisfactory results on internal audits and Controls Self-Assessment (CSA).
• Achieves established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals.
• Develops and maintains rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local
• Promotes and drives engagement in Green Engage, Shelter in A Storm and IHG Academy.
• Promotes holistic wellness and fitness with guests, the team and the local community.
• Serve as the primary public relations representative to optimize awareness of hotel and brand in local community.
• Proactively interacts with the media, local government officials, charitable organizations, travel and tourism
organizations, and the local community to promote the hotel.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent, plus five to ten years of general
management experience in a high level operations role or some prior general management experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
• Savvy in Information Technology
• Experienced in labor relations
• Knowledge of and experience in wellness, nutrition and fitness trends
• Must speak and write fluent English
• Bilingual, Spanish
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to
interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects positively on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting
results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
• Standing and moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
• Handling objects, products, and equipment
Number of employees supervised
• Revenue target
• Gross operating profit target
• RevPar target
• RGI target
• Employee Engagement target
• Heartbeat target
• Responsible business targets
• Brand compliance
• Hotel budget and headcount.