Hours: Monday - Thursday, with nights and weekends throughout
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Community Relations Development Manager
This position falls under the supervision of the Community Relations Development Manager, and is on the holiday programs team, which plans and executes holiday programs. Duties for community outreach events fall within this position.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Will be an integral and essential part of holiday programs team.
- Assist with research, preparation, and execution of all holiday events including but not limited to: Toy Drive, Adopt-A-Family, Thanksgiving Food Drives, Turkey-Thon, Intake, Toy Distribution, Agency Distribution, Employee Holiday Party.
- Attend and support all activities in as needed, including most Fridays and Saturdays in November and December.
- General office duties: copying, filing, answering phones, answering emails.
- Check and respond to phone messages on a holiday hotline.
- Run errands; including deliveries and pick-ups for holiday programs as needed with HELP or personal vehicle. Examples include box deliveries for food drives; pickups and deliveries to toy drive site at NV Energy; pick up printed collateral/posters from sign vendor.
- Recruit food drive partners by contacting past participants via email & telephone, then register for current year.
- Assist with agency toy distribution program including grant review and data entry.
- Monitor and review data entry of holiday clients in an Access Database to ensure client data is as complete as possible.
- Perform data entry for donors in Donor Perfect platform as needed.
- Post-holiday activities, including thank you packets and donor acknowledgments.
- Other duties, as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be over 21 (due to some event locations)
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, during holiday programs and events.
- Event Planning experience preferred.
- General computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office software to include, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access.
- Ability to use Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and other Google Platform tools.
- Effective written, verbal and listening skills.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect is helpful.
- Ability to independently initiate and respond to various correspondence.
- Must be able to multitask at all times. Will be expected to switch back and forth between tasks and efficiently perform job responsibilities one right after another.
- Flexible, and able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and schedules.
- Understand and follow all agency policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening. Random drug screening is performed.
- Must have a valid NV driver's license for minimum of 5 years (preferred) and a clean DVM record.
- Position is seasonal; the ideal candidate can begin mid-September and end in mid-to-late January or as needed. The position can lead to full-time employment in another HELP department.
Work is performed in an office environment, with driving required at times. Some holiday program activities are outside. Some activities have extensive client and donor contact. May be subject to sitting, walking, bending, squatting, standing, pushing and pulling and simple grasping, lifting 50lbs. and up, loading and unloading vehicles and trucks.