DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
• Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from buffet areas.
• Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. are available to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
• Follow preparation methods, times, quality, and presentation standards. Follow standards regarding the monitoring of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperatures, portion sizes, and garnishing methods.
• Prepare salads, sandwiches, soups for sale in the shoppe.
• Proactively welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management as necessary.
• Ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
• Maintain clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet areas, which includes but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles, clean and clear tables as needed.
• Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs to supervisors.
• Assist in the set-up and breakdown all meeting rooms. Serve, maintain, and clean for all food and beverage service as part of all hotel meetings.
• Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standards and hotel requirements.
• Comply with all health, safety, sanitation, and cleanliness, and alcohol services standards that meet federal, state and local laws, brand standards and hotel requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Some previous food and beverage experience preferred.
• Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
• Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is required; other languages beneficial.
• Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
• Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
• Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
• Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
• May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
• Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account with Company Match
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Paid Vacation and Sick Days
• Sonesta Hotel Discounts
• Educational Assistance
• Paid Parental Leave
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Job Type: Full-time or Part time
Pay: $17.50 starting pay plus tips
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Casual dining restaurant
• Quick service & fast-food restaurant
• Day shift/Night shift
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location