Position Description Summary:
The Sous Chef uses his/her skills to ensure that safety, sanitation, quality, and security standards are adhered to by inspecting the location throughout the visits to enforce compliance with the laws, company policies, and regulations. She/he collaborates with the team for sale, design, preparation and delivery of high-quality product and service and is accountable for ensuring all related programs are effectively and properly implemented including seasonal and promotional programs. She/he is accountable for developing and maintaining a positive relationship with customers, superiors, peers, and subordinates by conducting quality-assurance procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds cooperative relationships with national and local market prepared food vendors.
- Develop strategic alliances based on innovation and product development.
- Negotiate pricing, vendor programs, delivery, and payment terms for prepared food products.
- Facilitate mutually beneficial agreements around promotional opportunities and support.
- Be first to market in new products, innovation, and points of difference.
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance tastings and evaluations to ensure recipe adherence, food quality, and consistency.
- Launch/expand successful prepared food product lines and implement successful exit strategies for unproductive merchandise.
- Completes all required reports, logs, and culinary audits/reviews in a timely manner.
- Lead, contribute to and execute parts of the culinary strategic plan for the division.
- Launch line reviews in support of customer and seasonal expectations.
- Leverage fact-based decision making to drive growth and profitability.
- Assists in kitchen schematics design and recommends adjacencies that support the efficiency of the space.
- Orientates new cooks within their respective area, core culinary standards and established food programs.
- Provides support for new restaurant openings and/or renovations.
- Provides leadership to culinary team members and kitchen managers.
- Assists with training, coaching and development of culinary team members.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record-keeping, and preparation of reports.
- Obtain and maintain current ServSafe Food Manager s Certification within six months of hire/promotion.
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing,
sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and
preparation of reports.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in environment with varying temperatures.