The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world, and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We re looking for the world s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead a remote team of Software Engineers to deliver frequent and high-impact value to our customers in over 150 countries. You will be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects. In an agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication. As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will be a key contributor to our delivery of the highest quality full-stack property management solution for properties all around the world.
The Data Pipeline team is responsible for our central near real-time data pipeline and the messages in it. The team owns all aspects of the data pipeline, including scalability, ingestion, data dictionary, validation, error handling, ordering, uniqueness and monitoring.
Our teams have a high degree of autonomy and release iteratively to our customers, while collaborating with other teams across the organization to define common practices. As a manager you will be part of a team of other managers in the Data Insights Tribe.
This is an opportunity to work with a company completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power every lodging business in the world.
Location: US (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Manage a high performing, agile software team in a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and leadership to facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging your background, actively contributing to technical discussions and strategy.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top engineering talent.
- Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds values through mentorship and coaching.
- Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to improve team performance, quality, and communication (Kaizen!).
You ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- 10+ years experience developing software
- 5+ years experience with large scale data pipelines, data analytics and ETL.
- 2+ years experience managing remote, international multi-disciplinary teams
- 2+ years experience with near real time streaming
- Hands-on manager, able to write code and perform code reviews
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Experience hiring, onboarding and developing strong engineering teams.
- Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team performance.
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Kafka, Kafka Streams/Flink/KSQL and/or Confluent
- Experience with Redis, mySQL and Postgres
- Real time ETL experience
- Knowledge with avro, protobuf or similar
- Knowledge of PHP, Perl, NodeJS, Python, Java
- AWS experience
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket) and with Github
- Knowledge of Spotify orgs and terminology
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at or via email at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/application