The Catering Service Worker will organize, set up and deliver requested catering services to specific requested location or conference room. Provide prompt and courteous service to all customers. Provide customers with efficient and attentive service while exceeding the customer s expectations. T he general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Checks Catering ordering website, to review requested customer services to be delivered, food and services needed, dates and times.
- Organizes each delivery timely, setting up all non-perishable items needed in advance.
- Distributes needed food preparation requirements to each food department in advance.
- Delivers requested food and beverage to the delivery location, setting up all food and beverage in a professional appearance and logical manner, ensuring all condiments and service ware are available as needed.
- Ensures all services are cleaned up at the end of the meeting or requested pick-up time.
- Ensures availability of any specialty linen, china and rental needs in advance.
- Maintains organization of all daily and weekly services and associated needs, and communications with customers.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment and professional appearance.
- Finalizes catering invoices and billing pertaining to delivered services.
- May serve as a point of contact for the customers, booking catering, answering questions and potential planning for future service needs.
- May assist with stocking food inventory.
- May carry and distribute supplies and equipment.
- May assist others in the preparation of foods and properly store food.
- May be asked to respond to complaints regarding food or service.
- May operate dishwasher or assist with washing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots and pans.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Listens carefully to their customers orders, explains drink and food items, and makes menu recommendations.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).