POSITION TITLE: Executive Chef REVISED: May 2022
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Hourly
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the GHC Kitchen they are employed in. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel under them, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget. The Executive Chef will communicate with the house and GHC consistently to ensure that all clients are happy and accommodated.
• Ensures overall health of the account is positive and in good standing.
• Serv Safe Certification within the first available class scheduled following employment. Maintain certification through duration of employment.
• Ensure the overall cleanliness of your kitchen meets and exceeds GHC health and equipment cleaning standards
• Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
• Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
• Follow proper training manual procedures for equipment item requests. Properly filling out the document and submitting it to your superior before house submission.
• Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with GHC standards with, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
• Create and Submit menu two weeks ahead to the GHC app for approval.
• Turn in an image of budget envelope or envelope to Campus Manager by 3pm every Thursday.
• Check with Campus Manager on weekly reports of app reviews
• Schedule and attend food committee reviews at least once a month to ensure that the expectations of the house are being met.
• Minimum work week of 45-50 hours.
• Keeps availability open for up to 3 special events per semester. It is a requirement for all chefs to be present for these events. As the Executive Chef you will plan these events in accordance with the house's specifications.
• Mid semester, semester, and end of year progress reports. Reviewing how the overall job performance was executed.
• Keep positive and professional working relationships with all vendors, directs, and clients, always.
• Work with management to establish account specific service procedures. Implement, train, correct as needed to all levels below or as needed.
• Monitor and assume schedule and time management responsibilities of self and onsite staff.
• Knowledge and adherence of the handbook at all times so you meet the correct and strongest GHC standard
• Adhere to all GHC implementations or other duties as dictated by management.
• Must be open and willing to assist on other worksites as dictated by management.