Naf Naf was founded in 2009 and is the premium destination for fresh, authentic Middle Eastern food. Oven baked pitas, hand cut salads and freshly prepared sauces all serve as an accompaniment to award-winning shawarma and falafel. Naf Naf is a fast casual restaurant with over 35 locations (Delaware, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) and more under development. Naf Naf has received industry acclaim, being named a 2020 Top 100 Movers and Shakers by Fast Casual for three years in a row, a 2019 Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune, a 2018 Top 40 Hottest Start-Ups by QSR Magazine, and a 2018 Future 50 Restaurants by Restaurant Business.
We offer a fast-paced work environment and excellent opportunities for career advancement! We'll teach you - at Naf Naf, we're all about supporting our operators so to be a successful with us, you just got to have the motivation and dedication to learn and grow.
Currently-offered benefits & perks for all Naf Naf employees:
- Free Naf Naf food and Naf Naf gear
- Flexible schedules based on availability and business need
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
Duties: General duties included, but not limited to, the below. Duties will vary by position hired into.
- Guest service
- Food preparation
- Cash register operation while following all cash handling procedures
- Dishwashing and sanitation
- Shawarma building & pita baking (if trained), etc.
- Other tasks as assigned, but not limited to, following all Company policies and procedures
The qualifications for each of our hourly team positions (team member, baker, and shift leader) will differ based on responsibilities and requirements, however here's what we generally look for from every Naf Naf employee.
- Willing to learn new tasks and ready to execute tasks the correct way
- Enthusiastic and friendly with customers
- Follows checklists, recipes, and all Naf Naf standards
- A team player and help others when needed
- Believes that challenging situations are an opportunity for learning and personal development
- Able to provide ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate prior to start date
- Able to perform all essential functions of the position
- Able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds (at minimum)
- Able to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours in length
- Able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
- Able to perform basic math calculations, basic reading, listening and speaking skills
- Able to read and follow recipes and sanitation guides
- Able to use cooking and/or baking measurement tools according to the listed recipe
Minimum requirements to work at Naf Naf:
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to read and speak basic English
- Able to provide the appropriate documentation to prove U.S. work eligibility
- Has reliable transportation to and from the work locatio