Home Concierge provides personalized support to our members in their own home. Founded in 2019 Home Concierge is a fast-paced high growth company with a growing team of entrepreneurial leaders seeking to revolutionize what service excellence means in the private-pay, home care space.
About the role:
As a Home Concierge Companion, you will ensure that the seniors that you support do not feel alone or isolated. You will support activities of daily living, including light housekeeping, meal prep and social activities. The plan of support / care will be personalized to meet the specific interests and needs of the member requiring service. The support is provided in shifts of 3 hours or more and you may be required to travel to more than one location during the working day.
We are currently hiring for Companions with availability for any of the below shifts:
Hours are not guaranteed and are on a casual as needed basis
Afternoon 1pm - 6pm
Evening 6pm - 11pm
Overnight 11pm - 7am
Hourly Rate: $17.50
- Potential for full time hours
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Mobile Stipend
- Quarterly Retention Bonus of $250
- Health Spending Account (Based on Hours Worked)
- Meal Vouchers
- Employee Referral Bonus of $250
- Responsible for providing emotional support and non-medical services that improve the lives of the seniors
- Supporting seniors with meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Participating with seniors in customized activities
- Escorting seniors to appointments or to the grocery store (transportation would be coordinated)
What do you need to qualify?
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for - experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
- Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently • Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
- Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
- Valid G class drivers license, valid automobile insurance and willing to travel throughout Ottawa
- Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand for an extend period of time
- Must be able to bend, reach and lift
- Must be able to carry and transport object of various sizes up to 25 lbs.
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 hours a week
Why Work for Home Concierge?
Be a part of making history: As a founding team member you play a role in shaping the future of the business and the people we serve and are provided the opportunity for growth into new roles as the business grows.
Help seniors retain their lifestyle in their home: Your role as a Companion at Home Concierge positively impacts each client you work with, enabling them to remain independent & age gracefully in the home they know & love
Be part of shaping the future of senior care: Canada will need over 800,000 long-term care beds by 2050 - over 2.5 times what we have now. By reinventing at-home care, you are developing a sustainable solution to ensure the wellbeing of Canada s aging population
You are supported in & rewarded in your work: Working at Home Concierge comes with a strong support network of coordinators and mentors, competitive salary and benefits including a unique rewards system designed to motivate you based on the amount of services you provide to our members.
You have room to grow as a leader: The Companion position develops leadership skills & provides opportunities for career progression to management roles within our rapidly growing firm
You are supported by cutting edge technology: The Home Concierge app puts scheduling, payment, and client profile access at your fingertips - keeping you one step ahead as you deliver first-class care
Home Concierge is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at at your earliest convenience.
If Home Concierge sounds like the place for you, let s talk. Please submit your application at to join our team!
You may also contact Gabriella Buczok, Regional Recruiter at Applicants may receive a link to complete a video interview.
Home Concierge provides senior home care that matches your loved ones with a dedicated, personal concierge and a consistent support team. The work we do has a real and positive impact on the lives of our members and their loved ones. Their peace of mind is our reward. Our roles develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for career progression to management roles within our rapidly growing firm. We are looking for compassionate individuals to join our team! We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.