Location: Chicago, IL
Description: Our Banking & Financial client is currently seeking a Event Planner
The ideal candidate should be able to complete daily responsibilities with limited supervision. It s crucial that this individual be able to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor with both internals and externals. Our team is small but effective and we need someone who can learn quickly while proactively seeking out additional responsibilities. Ownership of one s work is essential as new tasks arise rapidly and often. Following up on key details is one of the fundamental elements of the role and is paramount to our daily operations overall. We are often presented with new challenges and are thus looking for someone who can confidently adapt and respond in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist, tend to, and anticipate guest needs by responding to all questions and requests in a timely manner
- Understand, follow, and implement all client center policies and procedures
- Work closely with internal partners including the kitchen, security team, audio visual team, events team and facility teams
- Co-manage EMS reservation software and oversee the execution of daily meetings and events
- Inspect the spaces daily, complete facilities requests as needed and follow up for completion
- Understand and Communicate daily set ups to appropriate parties
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, organization, and attention to detail in the space and event rooms
- Manage inventory of pantry, and maintain working knowledge of beverage service and catering
- Understand food prep and health and safety rules, regulations and best practices
- Assist in surveying guest experience and proposing solutions based on feedback
- Various administrative tasks such as: invoice processing, scheduling maintenance calls with vendors, and order kitchen, banquet, and office supplies among others
- Flexibility to work early mornings or late evenings as needed.
- Bachelor degree required
- Keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- 2-3 years of administrative and/or hospitality experience
- PR, event planning, or hospitality experience highly recommended
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate should be outgoing, professional, and able to work well under pressure
- Skills include familiarity with widely-used software packages e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic administrative experience such as maintaining files and records, typing, proofreading, answering telephone, coordinating conference room assignments, confirming appointments and/or maintaining calendars.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at