WHAT YOU LL GET:
• $22 per hour
• Free parking!!
• Health, Dental, 401k & More!
• Paid Time Off
• Resort Benefits such as $15 Golf!
• Work in paradise!!
• Committed to the continuous development and retention of our Team!
• The Rooms Division Manager-in-Training Program (MIT Program) is designed for long term Rooms Division Management geared individuals.
• Prime candidates are individuals with prior hotel Rooms Division experience, as well as recent Hospitality School students that also have prior hotel experience.
• The position is designed to have the flexibility of learning various departments from a supervisory standpoint which will prepare them to become an Assistant Manager within the Rooms Division within 6 - 18 months (if not sooner).
• The MIT will be placed in one of the following departments at a supervisory level based on the needs of the Rooms Division at the time of their start date: Guest Services, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Reservations, PBX/Communications, or Club Lounge.
• The time frame could be from several weeks to several months in one department and then moves on to another department, continuing to learn various areas of the Rooms Division while continuing to gain the experience needed to become an Assistant Manager.
• All other duties, as assigned.
• Luxury hotel rooms division experience preferred.
• High school diploma, or equivalent GED, required. College degree - ideally in Hospitality or Travel and Tourism - is preferred.
• Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and varied work schedules (including weekends and Holidays) as it pertains to the various needs and movements of the guests of the hotel.
• Effective conflict resolution skills, professional and cooperative demeanor, and positive and energetic attitude are imperative.
• Must possess a passion for providing extraordinary service.
• Must be able to handle confidential information.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Good to excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to lift minimum weight of 25 lbs. across short-medium distances.
• Must be able to stand for the entirety of shift while reaching, bending and stooping as needed.
• Must be able to work on site due to daily needs of the job requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy. We truly appreciate your interest in Kiawah Island Golf Resort. If you have any questions regarding employment at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, please reach out to .