WHAT YOU LL GET:
• HIRING IMMEDIATELY!
• $19 per hour
• Health, Dental, 401k & More!
• Paid Time Off
• Resort Benefits such as $15 Golf!
• Work in paradise!!
• Committed to the continuous development and retention of our Team!
• Able to creatively coordinate and assist with arranging activities, excursions and services for guests.
• Pre-call every guest 7-10 days prior to arrival to offer assistance with planning his/her upcoming stay.
• Provide friendly and professional service while adhering to the Forbes Travel Guide Five Star and AAA Five Diamond standards.
• Always exhibit a great personality with an engaging smile, demonstrate a strong attention for detail, and uphold a high level of standards in order to create an incredible experience for each guest.
• Communicate proactively, cooperatively, and appropriately with other departments regarding guests needs and preferences to ensure the most personalized experience possible.
• Creatively coordinate and assist with arranging activities, excursions and services for guests.
• Duties will be split between guest-facing position at our Lobby Concierge Desk, as well as time in our back-of-house concierge area, completing some of the more administrative tasks required in this role.
• Provide our guests with information on accommodations, packages, special events, dining options, recreational activities, golf, and other island happenings.
• Provide our guests with information and personalized recommendations based upon your extensive knowledge of all resort facilities as well as local and area restaurants / attractions.
• Offer personalized recommendations based upon each guest s individual interests in the resort amenities.
• Possess the ability to apply patience, tact, understanding, and resourcefulness in meeting the many and varied demands of the guests at our luxury resort.
• Arrange amenities for VIP guests, and guests joining us for a special occasion.
• Assist guests with making transportation arrangements for their stay.
• Provide clear and concise directions to all local and area destinations / attractions.
• Assist guests with other requested services (ex. shipping, printing, facsimiles, and floral delivery).
• Responsible for optimizing guest s perceived value and overall experience.
• Must be open to receiving regular feedback through weekly standards assessments.
• Must possess a desire to continuously seek out the opportunity to explore and experience new area attractions and restaurants in order to build upon your knowledge of Kiawah Island and the surrounding area.
• Uphold the core values and policies and procedures of the resort.
• All other duties, as assigned.
• High school diploma, or equivalent GED, required. College degree - ideally in Hospitality or Travel and Tourism - is preferred.
• At least one year of concierge or other customer service related experience required.
• Strong typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
• Must be able to be flexible with scheduling (including weekends and Holidays) as it pertains to the various needs and movements of the guests of the hotel.
• CPR certification and Heimlich maneuver proficiency preferred.
• Effective conflict resolution and organization skills, professional and cooperative demeanor, and positive and energetic attitude are imperative.
• Must possess a passion for providing extraordinary service.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Good to excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to lift minimum weight of 15 lbs. across short-medium distances.
• Must be able to stand for the entirety of shift while reaching, bending and stooping as needed.
• Must be able to work on site due to daily needs of the job requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy. We truly appreciate your interest in Kiawah Island Golf Resort. If you have any questions regarding employment at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, please reach out to .