Why Charter Senior Living?
"I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for our residents. They may need extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference in someone s life!: -Charter Senior Living Associate
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100 per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our associates to feel like they have a career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
The Medication Tech is responsible for all duties in relation to safely administering medications and treatments to the residents. This position requires legible, accurate documentation on the medication record and in the resident chart. It also requires a responsible demeanor in order for the resident population to have confidence in your ability to administer medications and treatments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers the medications and treatments, according to the scheduled times, following the medication administration protocol.
- Understands and appropriately documents on the 24-hour communication reports.
- Notify the Executive Director/Resident Care Coordinator when there is not enough staff scheduled.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Assists residents with transportation and appointments as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality with resident and fellow employee s information.
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator /Executive Director/HSD of resident changes of condition.
- Assists with monthly medication records as needed.
- Assists with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications.
- Understands and returns medications for credit as needed.
- Timely notify the pharmacy of any discrepancies
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Medication room and medication cart.
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can learn how to assist with: a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer board, oxygen equipment, C-Pap, Nebulizer, catheter, specimen, transfer pole, trapeze, wheelchair, scale, and other equipment as directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Accurately completes an incident report and begins the investigation of the incident.
- Notifies family, MD, resident, and management if incidents or errors occur while on shift.
- Capable of assisting in the care needs of residents, which might include lifting requirements up to 50 pounds.
- Keep current on First Aid/CPR and Medication Administration skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management staff.
- Exposure to blood/body fluid likely.
- Must be able to easily lift and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to stand, walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Preferred proficiency in English. Attends in-services monthly required for the position. Receives and maintains CPR certification.