Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort in Olympic Valley, CA
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass , which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide great guest service to internal and external guests.
- Displaying a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Wash, clean, chop, dice, grate, slice a variety of meat, poultry vegetables and other food items.
- Cut, portion, clean, peeling, slice, chop, measure and mix ingredients such as meats, vegetables, etc.
- Set up and stock food station.
- Operate cooking station such as the grill, fryer, oven, pantry or sauté station.
- Cook and serve products from the kitchen station assigned.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Refer to daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Inform Chef/Kitchen Manager of product shortages, equipment or food quality problems.
- May assist with other duties such as washing dishes, bussing, stocking, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Quick serve restaurants will require front of house service and interaction with guests.
- Assist with the overall cleanliness of the kitchen with assigned cleaning and opening and closing duties.
- Participate in trash, recycling, and compost sorting efforts.
- Maintaining and following proper food handling procedure, clean and sanitary work areas.
- Maintaining adherence at all California food handler s sanitation standards.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout every shift.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards.
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time and follow delay/closure scheduling instructions.
- Ability to work throughout the agreed upon season.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekend and holidays.
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift and must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 30 lbs.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually loud. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors, and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards. Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards.
Equipment Used in Job: Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning agents.
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers card.
- 1 - 2 years: One to two years in restaurant industry preferred.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals