Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Front Desk Manager and/or Front Desk Supervisor, this position accommodates guests of Brasstown Valley Resort.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets, registers and assigns rooms to guests.
- Issues room key.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Brasstown Valley Resort, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests accounts.
- Computes bill and collects payment for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, or telephone to guest s accounts.
- Follows all cash handling procedures as established by Accounting.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of room types, locations and selling strategies.
- Knowledgeable of resort amenities and hours of operation.
- Performs the duties of a PBX operator by answering switchboard, directing calls to proper locations, monitoring surveillance cameras, contacting personnel via paging system.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.