Job Summary and Mission
If you ve got what it takes to help transform one of the most iconic brands in the world into a lean, efficient and highly automated platform, we d like to talk to you.
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Starbucks Technology, you will be responsible for engineering solutions to address day-to-day maintenance, administration, and reliability of Internet-based enterprise systems. On an on-going basis, this position will identify root causes of operational issues in order to resolve them. As required, this position will help engineering teams improve quality, reduce time to market, and make web applications faster and more reliable.
This role requires your A-Game: deep technical proficiency in both enterprise-scale systems as well as next gen cloud native applications are required. So, if you believe, like we do, that a cup of coffee can change a life and change our world, come check us out and help us deliver that same amazing experience to our customers around the globe.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key responsibilities:
• Automate repetitive tasks (Eliminate toil)
• Seek opportunities and implement solutions to improve site reliability (reducing Mean Time to Diagnosis, Mean Time to Resolution, System Self-healing, etc.)
• Participate in On-Call production support
• Support Software Releases (CI/CD pipeline support, infrastructure, automation, process improvement.)
• Vulnerability Management (Patching systems and implementing security controls in compliance with Starbucks Global Security)
• Create and maintain systems and infrastructure documentation
• Plan and execute on prioritized project tasks
• Provide technical guidance and training to junior team members