The IHOP Restaurant Manager reports directly to their General Manager. The manager directly supervises IHOP restaurant's employees. His or her primary responsibilities include managing operations in the front and back of the house with a high concentration on profitability and sales growth, while constantly maintaining IHOP's standards of quality and service.
- Executing annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for the restaurant as defined by the current IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the restaurant's current operations plan
- Developing and maintaining professional functional working relationship with restaurant hourly employees and the franchisee organization
- Managing the restaurant floor, focusing on regular contact with guests.
Handling guest complaints in a professional and timely manner, making sure that the frequency of complaints is within acceptable limits.
- Ensuring that employee recruitment and training, operations, food preparation, food safety and sanitation, and security practices are in compliance with SOP in these areas.
- Carrying our supervisory duties such as recruitment and hiring, training, directing workflow, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and resolving complaints and problems.
- Completing all required reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
Maintaining personnel files with appropriate employment and legal documents.
- Available to work days, nights and weekends
Real Advancement Opportunities
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and guests.
- Basic computer skills including Email, MS Excel, MS Word is a plus
- The above is not an all-inclusive job description.
Since 1958, IHOP has been the place where people connect over breakfast, enjoy study breaks, grab a bite before or after sporting events, and so much more. And no matter what menu items they order, there s one ingredient that s always constant - a smile. We ve seen millions of smiles over the years in our restaurants, and now shared in photos across our social properties. In fact, smiles are so much a part of our culture that we changed our logo to include one.
This is just one of the many fun and exciting changes you can expect from IHOP . Because we know the shortest distance between two people is a smile. -