The Housekeeper/Room Attendant is responsible for monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned guest rooms in line with the hotel s standards.
1. Load and organize housekeeping carts.
2. Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely. Store carts in the utility closets when finished.
3. Always greet guests with a "Good morning," "Good evening," etc.
4. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
5. Clean and service guest rooms by category priority.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Good command of the English language.
Experience in some cleaning/housekeeping capacity required.
Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably housekeeping.
Ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy according to established priorities.
Ability to organize workflow in an orderly manner.
Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
Ability to recognize situations which may involved guests that require immediate supervisory attention and ability to respond effectively to guest requests.
Ability and willingness to follow directions thoroughly, understand guest-service needs, work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team, work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
Ability to lift up to 18 pounds.