BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS! Benefits & Perks:
- Educational Assistance with DeVry University with complimentary laptop
- Immediate Family Members are also eligible
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match
- Flexible Schedule
- All you can eat pancakes + meal discounts!
- Employee Discount Program
- Development Pathway: Step by step process to grow your career
- 3 College Credits hours for completing manager training
Founded in 1958, Perkins operates 324 restaurants in 32 states and four Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 85 company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised units. Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service and delicious, homestyle food at a great value.
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!Position Description
As a General Manager, you will manage the operations of an assigned restaurant and be responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. In addition, you will directly supervise all employees (including subordinate managers) in assigned restaurant. You will be accountable for all aspects of restaurant operations and administration, ensuring execution of all tasks and systems to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes restaurant unit manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees, including subordinate managers.
- Responsible for all aspects of employment and restaurant staffing including recruitment (interviewing and selecting), training, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Responsible for conducting annual performance reviews with all restaurant employees, as well as recommending merit increases and preparing employee performance documentation.
- Attends University of Perkins and successfully completes all coursework.
- Achieves and maintains ServSafe certification.
- Performs and is able to assist in all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food-borne illness.
- Ensures restaurant compliance to productivity and service standards by scheduling and staffing a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield application.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled regional meetings; makes presentations to peers and management as requested.
Physical Requirements / Environment / Work Conditions:
- Two years previous experience in a management role; preferably in the food service industry
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly with guests and vendors in person and by telephone
- Must be able to operate the cash register
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Must be able to reach heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2.5 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Must be able to carry trays of food products weighing 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.