Deerfield is seeking a Full-Time Experienced Cook - 40 hours/week. Starting pay up to $18.00/hour plus EXCELLENT Benefits!!!
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an appealing manner to residents. The responsibilities of this job include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the kitchen. The incumbent assists in any duty needed done in the kitchen area. Supports and lives out Immanuel's mission and CHRIST Promises. Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions.
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
- Assists with food prep as needed.
- Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management
- Carries out heavy cleaning of kitchen areas as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Culinary Trade or Vocational Schooling is preferred.
- One (1) year of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certificate is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of food handlers' regulations and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Knowledge of State safety standards.
- Skills in using various kitchen utensils and cooking methods.
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow recipes.