We are looking for future leaders who are ready to grow with our brand!
At Tocaya we use bold flavors and the best ingredients to proudly create our signature "Modern Mexican" cuisine. Our versatile menu is rooted in traditional Mexican recipes and naturally accommodates a variety of preferences including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
Our methods and flavor-focused menu inspire a growing group of loyal guests who join us multiple times a week, eager to introduce the Tocaya experience to their friends as well.
The role as a Line Cook is extremely important to our success. Our Line cooks are responsible for preparing food in a timely manner, maintaining Tocaya s excellent food quality and presentation, minimizing unnecessary food waste, and maintaining high levels of food safety and food preparation in alignment with the health department national standards. Candidates must have previous kitchen experience, accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks, and the ability to maintain a clean station while preparing food for service.
Setting the tone:
- Successful line cooks know the importance of working in a team with positivity and "leaving our baggage at the door."
- They maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Communicates well with others and is a great team player
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow Executive or Chef de Cuisine s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Follows and enforces all company recipes.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, grills, fryers and a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of the industry and relevant health and safety regulations.
- Current Food Handlers card.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Ability to maintain a clean station while preparing food for service.
- Previous Kitchen Experience Preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs, and frequently lift and bend from the waist.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- This position requires frequent use of hands and arms in repetitive motions.
- Regularly required to handle hot food.