Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
- Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness.
- The Guest Advisor may be a key holder and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. The large majority of this associate s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.