Statement of Purpose:
The Special Events Manager is responsible for planning and implementing programs that advance the Tidewell Foundation philanthropy programs. The Special Events Manager works with the Communications Director to plan and execute fundraising events, donor cultivation and stewardship events, and Third-Party fundraising events resulting in coordinated and efficient processes that expand the number of gifts and increases the contributions to the foundation. The Special Events Manager maintains a strong focus on customer service and donor interaction, goal achievement, and building relationships with potential and current donors.
Primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
1. Promote and practice the hospice mission and values and follows all policies and procedures of Empath Health and its affiliated companies.
2. Under the guidance of the Communications Director, plan, organize, and budget all fundraising events.
3. Plan, organize, and budget donor cultivation and stewardship events.
4. Prepare financial analysis fundraising reports for staff and board.
5. Coordinate volunteers for fundraising, donor cultivation, and stewardship events.
6. Utilize the Raiser s Edge (RE) database to record participant contact and event participation information.
7. Work with the volunteer committee to plan, organize, and budget Signature Luncheon.
8. Coordinate Third-Party fundraisers and staff attendance at sponsors events.
Every incidental duty connected with the Special Events Manager position cannot be specified in the job description and the colleague, at the discretion of the Foundation Vice President, may be required to perform duties that are not included in this job description.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is required to sit for prolonged periods of time. Manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary to type using a computer keyboard, visually read information off a computer monitor and paper documents. Requires ability to orally communicate information over the telephone in person and hear responses. Requires ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
1. Bachelor s degree in communications, hospitality management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in development is required with demonstrated experience in successfully soliciting and closing major gifts or event sponsorships.
3. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered as meeting the Educational/Professional requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
2. Strong administrative/supervisory and leadership skills.
3. Excellent project management skills.
4. Excellent accuracy skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
6. Ability to be flexible and operate effectively in unplanned situations.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage people, projects, and budgets.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects.
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining quality.
10. Knowledge and experience working with Blackbaud NXT Events Module preferred.
11. Self-starter and resourceful along with a strong sense of urgency.
12. Service-oriented listener who can process information and respond in an appropriate manner.
13. Represent the Tidewell Foundation by the demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, business presence, poise, tact and diplomacy.
14. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
15. Excellent PC and keyboarding skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet savvy.
16. Exhibit the highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior, complying with all state, federal and local government regulation, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
17. Possess a valid Florida driver s license and current auto insurance; ability to travel throughout the service area.