Applicant needs a current ServSafe Certification or ability to obtain one upon employment.
The Cook prepares food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, resident preference, and sanitary practices under the supervision of the Food and Nutrition Services Manager or Dining Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares, cooks, and serves food in accordance with the menu and food and nutrition standards, including presentation, taste, and texture. Samples food for quality assurance prior to service.
2. Ensures foods are cooked and held at the appropriate temperatures. Records food temperatures throughout the cooking and holding process.
3. Partners with supervisor to review menus and record necessary substitutions.
4. Ensures that food supplies are available and prepared as needed for upcoming meals. Notifies supervisor of needed supplies.
5. Maintains a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and assisting in daily or scheduled cleaning.
6. Ensures proper storage, rotation, preparation, and labeling of food in accordance with Federal, State, and local guidelines and Prestige policy. Discards outdated food.
7. Partners with dietary staff to ensure equipment is working properly and at the appropriate temperature. Records temperature of equipment throughout shift as needed. Reports faulty equipment immediately.
8. Follows facility fire safety, infection control, and hazardous chemical practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions.
9. Assists in planning and preparing food services for special meals, events, and parties as needed.
10. Assists in storing incoming food and supplies as assigned.
11. Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Trust.
2. Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors, and staff.
3. Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, team members, the department/center/community, and company information and records.
4. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar environment. General kitchen/dietary experience may be considered in lieu of direct cooking experience. Must have required State certification or food service license.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Prestige is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Mira Loma
Located at 2520 Wigwam Parkway in Henderson, NV, Prestige Assisted Living at Mira Loma is a 97 assisted living apartment and 30 apartments of memory care, for a total of 127 apartments.
Mira Loma has a warm, knowledgeable, and overly caring team that "always tries to come to a yes" for our residents it's all about them! Our leadership is heavily involved in the day to day operations of the building and is always approachable, always visible to help answer questions and help you be the best health care provider you can be. They practice the core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect daily.
If working in a home-like setting, in a strong team atmosphere that has a strong promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Mira Loma is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.