Pay up to
The Highlands seeks compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living experiences. Working at The Highlands means you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties of the Housekeeper
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning of all common spaces and resident rooms. The Housekeeper must have the ability to follow proper procedures and practices. The Housekeeper must have a natural affinity for seniors and a genuine concern for their well-being. The Housekeeper also must be able to assess changes in residents and communicate the changes to management.
Essential Functions of the Housekeeper
- Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to policies and procedures.
- Dust wall vents, handrails, ceiling fans, baseboards, furniture, and blinds.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpets and shampoo, as directed.
- Vacuum and spot clean sofa/chairs.
- Checks for and remove marks from walls.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, refills paper towel, toilet paper, and soap dispensers.
- Always maintains chemicals in properly labeled containers and keeps housekeeping cart stocked; Ensure residents do not have access to chemicals by locking carts and storage rooms.
- Collect and empty trash.
- Follow proper cleaning and infection control techniques.
- Identify special resident problems and report them immediately to supervisor and/or seek assistance from supervisor, when necessary.
- Notify maintenance of items which need attention including burned out light bulbs and safety hazards at a minimum.
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action.
- Use wet floor/safety hazard signs when cleaning hard surface floors in public areas.
- Participate in educational programs, staff meetings, and in-services as provided.
- Comply and be held accountable for federal, state, and local regulations.
- Listen to resident and/or family concerns/complaints and report them to supervisor.
- Maintain emotional composure and stay calm in all situations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment and willing to support others on the team as requested by supervisor.
Non-Essential Functions of the Housekeeper
- Supports and participates in the resident centered activity programs.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Attends all associate meetings including in-service education and associate functions, as requested by supervisor.
- Assists in variety of tasks involving residents as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Possess genuine loving and caring attitude for seniors, ability to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- High School or GED equivalent preferred.
- Some experience working in a hospitality setting or a senior community is helpful, but not required.
- Complete all required employment screenings including criminal background check and drug screenings.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds; Must be able to lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, crawl, reach, kneel, push, pull, and twist using good body mechanics for sustained periods of time.