QC Floor Technician
Our workforce and business practices aspire to focus on respect, integrity, and honesty in all the choices we make. The quality of our product shines through due to our diverse team-oriented approach. We remain honest to our customers and ourselves, allowing us to create a superior product.
Drive Food Safety, Quality Control and Quality Assurance initiatives at South Mill Mushroom Processing, Packing and IQF facilities. Duties include but not limited to pre-op inspections, ATP-environmental & product sampling, verification of production activities, CCP validation checks, internal audits, enforcing GMP s and standard operating procedures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Document Review: responsible for Food Safety document review and generation of corrective actions.
• Microbiological sampling: responsible for environmental monitoring program, customer COA requirements.
• Quality Checks: monitor effectiveness of quality checks completed by South Mill employees.
• Internal audits: participate in internal audits, generate work orders, provide feedback to responsible areas.
• Standard Operating Procedures: identify gaps that require procedures, develop procedures as needed, maintain accuracy of current procedures.
• Cleaning effectiveness: utilize ATP swabs to validate cleaning, develop trend database.
• Coordinate the efforts of employees in compliance with all GMP's as specified in Company and
• Customer guidelines.
• Review and revise all Food Safety plans with the cooperation or area managers.
• Develop and coordinate annual refresher trainings for all Production employees.
• Re-Assessment of Food Safety program.
• Participate in the Food Defense Re-Assessment.
• Prepare for and assist with 3rd party audits.
• Train Employees to comply with customer requirements.
• Coordinate Team 1 Food Safety Audits of all Production Areas.
• Maintain the Food Safety documents.
• Familiarity with computers, in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Good verbal and written ability in English and Spanish.
• Ability to function well in team environment.
• Strong public speaking ability, especially in teaching adult learners.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
NOTE: The following job demands represent the basic knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform this job successfully. The job duties found below are not the only tasks required for the job.
You may be assigned other duties and tasks as well. A candidate for this position must be able to meet the minimum demands as listed below and sign the affirmation below indicating the same.
• Always required to speak and comprehend English, Spanish or both. Bi-lingual is a plus.
• Always required to sit, stand or walk.
• Always required to see with or without corrective lenses.
• Frequently required to utilize fine motor coordination in hands and arms.
• Frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds; occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Occasionally required to balance, stoop or crouch.
• Occasionally required to climb stairs.
• Always required to act professionally.
• Always required to work in a produce cooler for extended periods of time.
• Occasionally exposed to hazardous conditions requiring personal protective equipment.
• Always required to think, evaluate and make decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: