OVERVIEW Zippy s core purpose is to "share Hawaii" by being committed, humble, passionate, supportive, and integrative. All employees are responsible to Ka Hana Pono: do the right thing and work in the right way.
RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting to store management, this position is responsible for providing a supportive role to kitchen staff in the preparation of meals and ingredients. Duties include organizing and labeling food items, performing tasks like chopping ingredients and sanitizing their work station during and after service. Prep Cooks perform various food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes for patrons.
- Completes all tasks, in order, on the prep list.
- Adheres to Company established recipes, portions, and methods.
- Properly labeling and stocking all ingredients.
- Washing, chopping and sorting ingredients like fruits, vegetables and meats.
- Minimizes waste and ensures that stock is always fresh by checking dates and rotating stock.
- Collaborating with other kitchen and management staff to keep track of ingredient inventory and order resupply
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and organized workspace, reporting any damaged kitchen equipment to management for repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Meets assigned shift requirements.
- Regularly push, pull, and carry objects.
- Stand and walk on foot for at least 6-8 hours.
- Reach at shoulder level and below waist constantly, above head occasionally.
- Bending downward or forward at waist or knees occasionally.
- Talk and listen to communicate instructions.
- Light to Medium work. Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force.
- Able to visualize accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 12 months of the date of hire OR Dated/Issued at the age of 16 or older.
- Pass a drug screening test.
- Works in a variety of temperatures ranging from 0 - 95 degrees or more.
- Occasionally exposed to high heat and chemicals.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous culinary experience and/or education preferred.
- Basic math and writing.
- Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
- Trustworthy with company property.
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable.