Prep Cook/ Catering Assistant
Krysta s Fresh is a new up and coming catering company that is seeking an ambitious PREP COOK/CATERING ASSISTANT to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. Your duties would include routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. Other duties will include assisting the Chef\Owner with delivers, set up and break down at various catering events.
An Ideal candidate for this position should be quick and diligent, know his or her way around an industrial kitchen, be able to function in a fast paced BUSY environment, be a team player, represent EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE and able to follow instructions as well as ALL health and safety rules in the kitchen.
• Follow and complete prep list created by chef daily
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Perform set-up and break down as needed for various catering events
• Perform various food preparation functions as needed
• Assist in ensuring that safety and sanitation procedures are followed
• Proven experience as a prep cook
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in the kitchen
• Ability to operate industrial kitchen equipment
• Ability to pass a background check/finger printing
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to pass food handlers exam
• Reliable transportation
• Valid Texas driver s license
• Ability to stay positive under pressure
• High school diploma or equivalent is desirable