BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE
The Christian Village (Christian Horizons), you'll find a rewarding place to work with the satisfaction that comes from living your purpose and making a real difference in the lives of others. You ll find an incredible spirit in our community. It s in the smiles of our residents and the dedication of our associates. It inspires all who share our mission - from chefs and managers to nurses, housekeepers and pastors. Remarkable people work here and there's a place here for you.
Founded in 1962, our God-centered mission continues today. Our mission is to cultivate a compassionate and positive environment where living means thriving, where residents lead the abundant life they were intended to lead.
We are looking for a resident-focused Dining Services Aide to join our culinary staff in our team approach to providing timely food service to meet our residents' needs.
The health and safety of our associates and residents is a priority. To this end, effective NOV 15, flu and Covid-19 vaccinations will be a condition of employment with the exception of an approved accommodation. Vaccines are offered free of charge.
- Competitive Wages including Shift Differentials
- PathwayPay (daily pay) - Get your pay, when you need it.
- Consistent Assignments
- Generous PTO Program
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
- Observes proper food handling techniques. Ensures proper setup of food for tray line and/or dining rooms.
- Assists in preparing, covering and labeling food.
- Keeps dining room area clean at all times. Assist in the preparation and cleanup of the dining room.
- Uses proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. Reports equipment repair and maintenance to direct supervisor.
- Observes all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, residents rights, and those contained in the associate handbook and nursing policy and procedure manual. Complies with all sanitation, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Ensures quality customer service to the residents, families, and staff the department serves.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
- Follows all written and oral directions as given by supervisor.
- Completes all required documentation accurately and timely following all community policies and procedures.
- Follows all departmental safety rules and utilize proper body mechanics in the performance of all tasks.
- Participates in all in-services and activities as required.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Applies the minimum necessary standard in all matters related to residents protected health information.
- Previous experience in a nursing care facility or other previous service experience preferred.
- Must possess a ServSafe Food Handler Certificate or will obtain within 30 days after employment.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to long-term care dietary requirements.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with personnel, residents, families, and visitors.
- Pass background check before and during empl oyment, as defined by Christian Horizons background check policy.