- To properly prepare all items required for the daily Menus and special events as instructed by Supervisors and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- To provide a six star service at all times. Reports Directly to SR. Sous Chef Hot Galley, and or Sous Chef Saucier Reporting Structure Sous Chef Saucier (Onboard) Senior Sous Chefs Hot Galley (Onboard) Chef de Cuisine Main Galley (Onboard) Executive Chef (Onboard) Food and Beverage Manager (Onboard) General Responsibilities
- To follow Supervisor s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) and to follow proper cleaning procedures accordingly.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- To take active part in the actual food preparation. Should be able to fill in every Sous Chef position within the hot galley section (act as a "real" Tournant) when needed
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through good
- communication with the Dining Room Staff so that food is sent out quickly
- and efficiently.
- To report work orders to the Supervisors when deficiencies are noted or
- when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a
- timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to
- submit it to the Senior Sous Chef in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- To communicate with Supervisors to keep left over food to a minimum in
- order to keep the food cost at a minimum.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials and other
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with
- respect at all times.
- To properly use Personal Protective Equipment in work areas at all times.
- To practice Safe Lifting Techniques at all times.
- To practice Safe/Proper Galley Equipment handling at all times.
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant
- apprenticeship required.
- Or a minimum of three (3) years proven experience in a luxury
- international hotel property food operation as Chef de Partie or three (3)
- years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a similar position
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Very good spoken English (needs to score at least 70% in the onboard
- English proficiency test).
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH training.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- Team Communication and Meetings
- To attend meetings with the Hot Galley Staff on a daily basis.
- To communicate with the Senior Sous Chefs and Sous Chefs on a regular
Contract length approximately 4-4,5 months onboard/2 months vacation. Paid only while onboard.
Powered by JazzHR