Come share Hawai'i by welcoming all customers with aloha at the Zippy's Mililani restaurant!
Hosts/Hostesses set the tone of a customers or groups dine-in experience - they maintain health and safety practices and manage the flow of the restaurant by properly seating our guests and getting them situated. Hosts/Hostesses are primarily assigned to serve the front of the house, but are often found throughout the entire restaurant! The Host/ Hostess position with our company will help the individual sharpen soft skills such as teamwork, communication, problem-solving, adaptability and interpersonal skills - such a great opportunity!
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- Free Employee Meals
- Employee Discounts
- Medical, Vision & Dental Plans
- Company Matched 401 (k)
- Incentive & Rewards Programs
- Employee Assistance & Wellness Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
HOST/ HOSTESS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and escorts guests to their table in an efficient and courteous fashion.
- Orchestrates the activities of the dining room through the use of floor plans, rotation charts and proper assignment of servers.
- Is knowledgeable of menu items and details of ongoing promotions. Is able to respond to guest inquiries in a purposeful manner.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work and guest area through constant cleaning, organizing, and replenishing of necessary items.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
HOST/ HOSTESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 12 months of the date of hire OR Dated/Issued at the age of 16 or older
- Pass a drug screening test
- Meet assigned shift requirements
- Regularly push, pull, and carry objects; Stand and walk for at least 6-8 hours
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Reach shoulder level and below waist constantly, and above the head occasionally
- Good understanding and comprehension of the English language
- Basic Math and writing skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Previous cash handling preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a host or server preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (Recommended)
- If vaccinated, must provide proof when requested
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance
- Issued clearance with 12 months before start date OR at age 16 years or older (no further testing is required)
- Issued Risk Assessment
- If tested positive or has prior history of testing positive than chest x-ray or symptom screen for clearance is acceptable
- Completing a drug test and yielding favorable results