Position Summary: Responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Catering as assigned: answering telephone, complete Banquet Event Orders (BEO), answer account questions, collecting/posting payment for events, ensure catering file completed, complete thank you notes, correspondence. Complete weekly event calendars, any required correspondence to guest and to client, copy, distribute BEOs, attend BEO meetings ensuring BEOs are updated/accurate. Catering Coordinator will assist the Director of Catering during an event when required. Coordinator will work with client directly on occasion and coordinate internal catering orders delivery, set up and break down."
- Partners with the Catering manager(s) to ensure clients' needs are met and completes assigned tasks.
- Gathers all pertinent information from meetings, distributes BEO or minutes
- Ensures calendars/schedules are accurate, up to date
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up to ensure guarantees & payments are timely
- Completes tasks as assigned from Director of Catering
- Distributes BEO's to client/customer for review and signed approval. Each booking is to have a signed BEO in each file
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to operations staff at least five (5) days in advance of the group's arrival
- Completes & issues required correspondence - thank you notes, notices, memos
- Greet the on-site contact, and inspects all meeting/banquet space before the start of the event ensuring that the room has been set-up properly, in accordance with the BEO's, and takes measures to adjust/correct before group's arrival in the absence of Catering Managers
- Checks-in with meeting/banquet contact periodically throughout the event to gauge needs and satisfaction in the absence of the Director of Catering/Mgrs
- Ensures each Catering file is complete/accurate and submits to Accounting accurate final billings the day following an event.
- Submits all vendor invoices with approved PO to Office Mgr on weekly basis.
- Ensures office phone coverage
- Attends and participates in all required meetings
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Status and Scope
- This position reports to the Director of Catering. Working hours must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a related role preferred
- Previous experience as a server or in a food service role required
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Requires ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Requires constant standing and walking
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends