Part-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union Food Service contracted positions starting at $13.32 per hour; Monday through Friday; with paid holidays, paid sick days and annual step raises.
Potential full-time OAPSE / AFSCME Union contracted positions available through union seniority bids.
Non-Union Substitute Food Service positions available at the rate of $10.30 per hour
For a complete list of our open positions visit our website employment page Qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prior experience in food service area preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Computer knowledge and possess basic academic skills
- Knowledge of state and federal nutritional regulations preferred
- Physically capable of performing all job duties that may include but are not limited to: standing, stooping, stretching, and moving heavy items, and equipment; ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- Good character, courtesy, efficiency, cleanliness, and commitment to the welfare of the students
(may include all or some duties listed based on assignment)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ON FILE BEFORE A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN BEGIN WORK ARE:
- Prepares and maintains daily and monthly records, inventories, invoices, and reports deficiencies of any product and/or supplies
- Participates in the preparation of meals including menus, ordering food, supplies & necessary equipment, preparation, serving, cashiering, and clean-up
- Follows approved menus and standardized recipes for preparing food
- Must be able to use a computer, including Point of Sale software, email and web browsing
- Responsible for daily revenues including daily drawer cash count and recording of all monies
- Immediately report any problems or accidents occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria area to the Kitchen Manager or Food Service Director
- Follows all federal, state, and local food safety regulations, USDA child nutrition regulations, and all district and department policies and procedures
- Attends meetings and trainings as directed by the Food Service Director
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager and Food Service Director
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current favorable BCII (State) and FBI (Federal) background checks
- Negative drug screen
Employees must follow all board policies, all state, and federal laws, and adhere to the Ohio Code of Ethics set up by the Ohio Department of Education. Subject to all applicable laws, essential job functions of this position include the employee being punctual and capable of completing all of the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must complete all required Vector Solutions/Safe Schools courses as assigned.