Established in 1987,
Docks Oyster Bar specializes in bringing the freshest seafood to Manhattan.
Located in the heart of midtown, the expansive bar and tables lining the
windows of 3rd Avenue and 40th Street further creates a timeless New York
atmosphere. We pride ourselves on our well prepared food, outstanding service,
great wine list, and unforgettable ambience to keep guests coming back time and
Servers are responsible for all aspects of the guest experience at the table, including greetings, menu sales, table maintenance, overall guest satisfaction and happiness, fond farewells and maintain a general command of the food and beverage menu. They will work to provide impeccable hospitality to each of our clients, working specifically with each individual need to curate the best experience possible.
What You'll Be Doing
- Explain specials and menu items enthusiastically thru thorough product knowledge.
- Learn menu, POS, policies, and procedures and be able to execute accurately.
- Ability to execute tray service, carry three plates, and open wine professionally.
- The ability to learn and follow steps of service. Practice effective coursing of tickets and coordinate table maintenance.
- Set up, shift maintenance, and breakdown of dining room and service areas.
- Commitment to learning and executing all organization service standards; five behaviors, hospitality versus service, and steps of service.
- Accurate cash handling.
- Providing friendly attentive service that makes guests feel well taken care of and inspires their intent to return.
- All actions must be taken with the guest s best interest in mind so as to establish rapport, build business, and acquire guest loyalty.
- Offering assistance and accommodating guest requests whenever possible.
- Offering a warm farewell and thank you to every guest as they leave the restaurant.
- Immediately notifying management of any guest complaints, including any interactions with a guest that lead you to believe that the guest is not 100% happy with their visit.
- Sell wine and beverages through proactive offering and product knowledge.
- A minimum 3 years of server experience in a well-rated restaurant.
- Excellent communication skills with guests, team members, and management.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize while remaining calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of hygiene and safety rules.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, including lifting up to 40 pounds and standing for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Commitment to maintaining availability that aligns with needs of the business
Dock's is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.