Company Overview When Pitmaster Rodney Scott was in middle school, he started cooking whole hogs at his family s restaurant in rural South Carolina. By the time he was in his mid-twenties he already had more experience in the bbq pits than most men twice his age. Rodney, along with his partners at Rodney Scott s BBQ opened the original Charleston, SC location in 2017 and the very next year Rodney Scott was awarded the James Beard Award for Best Chef Southeast. There is now a second location of Rodney Scott s BBQ in Birmingham, AL with plans for two more there and an Atlanta, GA location slated to open in 2021. Pit-Cooked meats make the difference that is evident from the first bite. Each location has working bbq pits and pitmasters trained in the techniques of live-coal cooking that Rodney grew up mastering. Our kitchens produce classic side dishes-collard greens, baked beans, mac and cheese, coleslaw, potato salad--and banana pudding is layered, and hand pies baked every day. Our restaurants evoke the spirit of Rodney s love of music and people gathering together over a table of great food. A disco ball spins and funk and soul music fills the air. Rodney Scott s Whole Hog BBQ is a place for everyone where "Every Day is a Great Day" Job Summary The Bartender s role is to provide "Guest First" service at all times, making the Guest the heart and passion of all they do. This includes friendly and timely interaction with Guests and Employees, mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, suggestive selling, answering questions, taking and delivering the Guests order, cooperative service, and following up to ensure each Guest receives their correct food and/or drink order. Every Guest is made to feel welcome at all times. Responsibilities
- Greets guests, explains specials, and menu using descriptive words and listens and responds to questions.
- Suggestively sells appetizer, entrée and dessert menu items by describing each item in an appetizing way.
- Performs service duties for other employees in the dining room by delivering food to the guests when orders are ready in the kitchen and providing guest assistance in the dining room.
- Performs duties that require organization, speed, efficiency and bending and lifting.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout restaurant and performs weekly maintenance.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write. Basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, other employees and managers.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay