The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who will proactively improve the quality systems of the company through internal audits, participation in process improvement programs, and interaction with all departments to obtain constructive feedback.
Work with departments to ensure the development, compliance, training and certification of HACCP and other Food Safety and Quality programs and plant initiatives for all company products.
Serve as Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Develop standardized production, quality, and customer-service standards
- Identify potential risks before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventive action
- Build a strong team through coaching, mentoring, specific training and performance evaluations
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing and appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, plan and mentor employee development and skills training.
- Establish, monitor and update (as warranted) Food Safety and Quality programs (FSQMS) in conjunction with other departments to meet company and regulatory objectives such as FDA/USDA, GFSI: including but is not limited to; quality control testing, microbiological testing, HACCP, food safety and defense procedures, GMPs, training, pest management and housekeeping/sanitation practices.
- Audit for compliance of Food Safety and Quality programs. Oversees completion of internal audits.
- Lead HACCP/Food Safety Team and meetings, risk assessments, troubleshooting, and special projects.
- Oversight of Approved Supplier Program.
- Oversight of product development efforts.
- Collect and trend quality/food safety data. Present data at monthly plant meetings to discuss any continuous improvement efforts and/or ways to mitigate identified risks
- Ensures review of Food Defense efforts and annual inspections.
- Serves as lead contact to uphold product claims.
- Direct and oversee sanitation for entire facility; ensure sanitation standards and procedures are enforced.
- Promotes strong Food Safety and Quality Management culture by providing the resources needed to facilitate programs.
- Promote and support continuous process improvements and systems.
- Oversee all departmental Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures are being followed and documented.
- Conduct root cause analysis to assesses incidents and complaints for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution (CAPA).
- Supervise quality control technicians, as needed.
- Plan and perform bi-annual mock recalls.
- Review FSQMS documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections.
- HACCP/Food Safety Team Leader - has authority to initiate actions in regards to Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years' relevant work experience
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- HACCP certified and subject matter expert with Food Safety Standards, HACCP, FSMA, GFSI, GMPs, SSOP;
- Strong project management skills; analytical skills, and interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate food safety efforts with multiple departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel;
- Ability to work with tight deadline and meet new and changing demands